Sig Hutchinson has been working to make communities healthy and livable for more than two decades. Sig was first elected to the Wake County Commission in 2014 and has served as Chair and Vice Chair during the 4-year tenure.
Sig has led seven bond initiatives in Wake County and the City of Raleigh totaling $300 million for open space preservation, parks, greenways, transportation and affordable housing. Sig continues to be active in North Carolina where he sits on numerous boards.
Sig continues his sales consulting and professional speaking career as President of Sig Hutchinson Communications. He has a B.A. from Texas Tech University; M.Ed. from the University of South Carolina and lives near a greenway in Raleigh, NC with his wife of 32 years Nancy and they have a son who is married and three grandchildren.
REGIONAL, STATE & NATIONAL LEADERSHIP
- Chair, Upper Neuse River Basin Association
- Former commissioner, Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Commission, City of Raleigh
- Former vice chair, Triangle Land Conservancy
PUBLIC SERVICE & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Former chair, Advocates for Health in Action
- Former chair, Triangle Transit
- Former chair, Open Space and Parks Advisory Committee
- Former President, Triangle Greenways Council
- Former board member, NC Prevention Partners
- Former board member, NC Alliance for Health
HONORS & AWARDS
- Tar Heel of the Week
- Wake County Volunteer of the Year – 2005
- Triangle Business Journal’s “Green Advocate of the Year”
- Business Leader Magazine’s “Top 50 Entrepreneurs in the Triangle”
- Leadership Triangle’s “Goodmon Award”
- NC Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects “Citizen’s Award”
- WakeUP Wake County’s “Leadership Award”
- A.E. Finley Distinguished Service Award by the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
- City of Raleigh’s “Fred Fletcher Award”