Visionary Leadership – Proven Results
Known as ‘Mr. Greenjeans’ Hutchinson is widely recognized in Wake County for his efforts preserving open space, protecting water and air quality, expanding the greenway system, and promoting multi-modal transportation.
He has successfully led five Wake County and City of Raleigh bond referendums totaling more than $280 million. Hutchinson has also been the driving force behind the creation of more than 150 miles of interconnected greenways throughout the Triangle, as well as saving more than 4,700 acres in Wake County for open space.
- Permanently protected more than 4,700 acres in the county
- Successfully led five Wake County and City of Raleigh bond referendums totaling more than $200 million.
- Driving force behind the creation of more than 180 miles of interconnected greenways throughout the Triangle
- Chair, Open Space & Parks Advisory Committee, Wake County
- Fmr. Chair/Current Board member, Triangle Transit
- Fmr. Vice Chair/Current Board member, Triangle Land Conservancy
- Executive Committee, Advocates for Health in Action – WakeMed Health & Hospitals
- Fmr. President, Triangle Greenways Council
- Board Member, Be Active North Carolina
- Board Member, Holocene, LLC, involved in solar power energy
- Top 50 Entrepreneurs in the Triangle, 2012 – Triangle Business Journal
- A.E. Finley Distinguished Service Award – Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
- Tarheel of the Week – The News & Observer
- Green Advocate of the Year – Triangle Business Journal
- Volunteer of the Year – Wake County
“Wake County did not become the best place to live and work in America with this kind of an agenda. I have a track record of success in building a better North Carolina for all our citizens, and creating a North Carolina that can compete globally in the 21st century.” – Sig Hutchinson