Equal Opportunity is Wake County’s Future.
During my tenure as a Wake County Board Commissioner, we have:
- Passed Wake County Anti-discrimination Ordinance – permanently protecting the job rights of all Wake County employees and the delivery of Wake County services regardless of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability or veteran status
- Passed “Ban the Box” as county policy – ensuring equal access to county jobs for those who have served their debt to society
- Instituted reentry program for those serving time in the county jail on misdemeanors and minor felonies
- Ensure treatment for those in need of mental or other healthcare
- Provide job training and educational programs that will result in job placements for those who complete the program