The Health and Safety of Wake County Residents is Paramount.
During my tenure as a Wake County Board Commissioner, we have:
- Restructured Wake County fire services resulting in higher pay, better coverage, and lower insurance rates
- Funded additional narcotics/correction officer positions
- Restructured and fully funded Wake County EMS for 12-hour shifts – Wake County EMS universally recognized as one of the best EMS systems in the country
- Naloxone provided to all first responders, helping to keep Wake County’s Opioid overdose death rate much lower than the national average
- Established new maternal health clinic at Millbrook Center, providing prenatal care to hundreds more women every year.
- Wake County is now the “healthiest” employer in North Carolina, due to innovative employee health plans, clinics and exercise programs